Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Valentine Mantel Decorating

My mantel was looking a bit sad once I finally got the Christmas decor all packed away, so I decided to spruce it up for the next "big" holiday, Valentine's Day.

I like to add a little handcrafted to my Valentine's Day decorating each year.  This year I put together the February Crafted Kit (still available!).  I made a couple of the gorgeous gilt trimmed crepe paper hearts to tie on my vintage Clorox bottles.

And added the charming honeycomb bauble trim to the shag garland I made last year.  These projects were perfect in that they were quick (less than an hour for each) and added such cute touches to what I already had.  It's nice to freshen it up each year.

Next I picked through my Magpie Boxes and collection of Flea Market items.  The cute Valentine couple is from the February Magpie Box (still available!) and the game card is from my stash.

A Victorian calling card and vintage ribbon, also from the February Magpie Box.

I couldn't resist leaving the tiny teacup with sparkling glitter and snowflakes sequins in hopes that Snowbird will come calling.

Finally, I swapped out my Christmas Santa for this inspiring little girl art card.

Do you decorate for Valentine's Day?  It's really a rather lovely holiday.  :)

Doris
Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It the card behind Valentine boy and girl for sale?