I am slowly (the key word is slowly) making changes to my studio. Moving things in, moving things out and finishing projects that have literally been staring at me for months! This chair is one of those.
I found it at a local antique mall a while back and fell in love with the woodwork (it is of Eastlake style). It was missing the seat and back and the legs appeared to have been cut down. I scooped it up as I knew I could do something cool with it - eventually! My father- in -law made me a new seat out of plywood that I covered with ledger paper. I am still trying to decide on the perfect trim for the edging (I'm leaning towards small mother of pearl buttons). Since it was a little short I thought I could use it as a shelf on this table to hold all of my old books. After much thought on what to do with the back, I decided to make it a cork board. I fell in love with Rebecca's idea (here) and thought it may work well for this. I covered my cork with an old feedsack and started pinning some of my millinery flowers to it (and will continue to fill it in with some of my large buttons as well). I had so much fun I went into the attic and pulled out some of my old frames and made some more (thanks for the help and inspiration Rebecca)!
So. . . as I finish up I will post more photos (I have had to put it on the back burner again to get the gallery stuff done and some other projects). Never enough time in the day. . .
Hope you all had a great weekend!
(Oh- in regards to a few of the comments about the Papercrafting Kits being sold out, they are not in case you haven't figured that out. I believe the site was jammed for the first couple of hours and kicked people off, etc. If you are still having problems just send us a note)!