Going forward. . . Please Read if you have ever been a member or purchased from the site
(If you just want to read the announcement, skip down to the bolded area. . .)
To say that I am devastated is an understatement really. Yes, I know that I am healthy, my family is healthy, and we are clothed and fed. I am truly thankful for this and certainly know in the end that none of this matters. It’s just paper and stickers, right? Well kind of. . .
For several years I have put my heart and soul into this hobby, which has become more of a way of life. Many people do not get the opportunities that I have been given. So, it has been so heart-wrenching to watch something I’ve worked so hard to develop struggle from challenges that I have no direct control over. So while it all seems to be a little dramatic, it really is quite personal to me.
And I wanted you to know that we didn’t cut corners and go on the cheap to develop this site. Towards the end of my stay with Li’l Davis, they were working on a new website which has now been launched. I know what the estimated cost was for that site and I can tell you that in the end, we will be spending close to the same (keeping in mind that the size of our companies are vastly different). I say this because I suppose I wanted everyone to know that we have spared no expense, and, as you can imagine, this has been a very hard pill for me to swallow.
So, here is the part that impacts you (sorry for the lengthy introduction). . .
The site will be shut down until further notice. We hope that means just a matter of a few days, but we will wait until we receive the assurance that the site is completely secure and free of major complications. There might be a small glitch here and there, but nothing that can’t be fixed in very short order. We will send out an e-mail to everyone when we have a date and time.
And here is the second part (and this is the big one). . .
While we could probably salvage the information and memberships we have, we think it is in your best interest to start our database over from scratch. Our database will be completely wiped out. However, if you have ever purchased anything from us we will have your name and email address in order to communicate with you.
Here is the nitty gritty of what this means:
- if you have EVER purchased a membership with us, it will no longer be valid. You will have to purchase a new one through the site when it goes live. We are destroying all billing and shipping information.
- Any orders that were placed for the June kits at the site on June 1st (yesterday) are not valid. If you check your credit card statements you will see that nothing has been posted against your account. Even if you saw a order in your “account” folder they were not actually processed to your card.
- All passwords and usernames will no longer be valid (as no one will have an account). When you purchase your membership through the site when it is ready again, you will set up a new account (and hence, start from there).
We are not doing this because we have concerns about the security of the data we hold. We are doing it because the database structure we tried to convert from the first website, combined with the challenges from yesterday, make it almost impossible for us to tell with certainty who started a membership and when. Add to this the dozens and dozens of multiple memberships we had (even before yesterday) and it makes it an impossible task.
The good news is the new site is what we have envisioned from the beginning (once it is launched correctly.) Here are some of the features that have changed that will be helpful for you:
- secure log-in access to all of your membership, shipping, and billing information with the ability to make changes yourself.
- the offering of the Monthly Project Kit on Subscription as well.
- helpful information throughout the ordering process, including alerting you if you attempt to purchase a duplicate membership.
Jared and I really want to thank everyone for your support, notes of encouragement and overall good will. This is the only reason I am sticking this out and moving forward. I have made so many wonderful friends through this site (all over the world) and continue to be humbled by the patience and kindness that I have been granted!! I truly am grateful – I could never communicate it well enough. I know that my friends will still be here and I am so encouraged by that. . . thank you, thank you, thank you!
For now I need to shed some love on my little ones and we are off to see "RV" at the theater. . .