Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Decorations. . .

Thought I would share some of my Christmas decorations.  I finally finished up this past weekend, just in time for our office party this past Friday!

My mantle (been doing the same here for the past 2 years.  Old irons work great for holding stockings, etc. on your mantle.  Saw that in Country Living one year) . . .


I try to add things in with other vignettes instead of totally replacing things.  Just makes things a bit easier come January. . . 


Same thing here - just added the old Santa cards over the cards I keep in there everyday. . .


This guy has become a staple each year on my old spool cabinet. . .


As you can see, I kept a couple of snow globes for myself.  This is one of the extra large ones that I made for Christmas Village. . .


I just added some pine cones into my ironstone here. . .


Another snow globe that I couldn't give up (these caramel colored celluloid deer are hard to come by)! . . .


I kept one of these old Midgetoy trucks too . . .


Vintage houses, trees and snow globes mixed in here. . . 


I added this plug in tree this year.  These are becoming pretty popular I guess!  I remember my grandmother having one growing up - I believe they were handmade . . .


I love fresh greenery and poinsettias.  I think I bought almost a dozen this year (good thing they are cheap)!! . . 


I took this photo a bit differently to let more light in.  We bought two of these old 6 foot tinsel trees too late to really sell them this year so I decided to put one up (and now I doubt I will be able to give it up)!!! . . .


Now I just have to finish the shopping - getting close! How about you?
Pin It!

2 comments:

hobbemom said...

Your house looks beautiful. Love all your decorations. We bit a chunk out of our shopping list last night...just a few more things to get. Less than a week away!! Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!!

Anonymous said...

No Christmas for us this year...husband lost his job. No warning, no medical insurance, etc.,but they hired a CEEO with million plus salary. Thx for sharing your lovely pictures. They brightened my day. I can almost smell the pine. May you have a blessed Christmas.