Thursday, December 20, 2012

A word on dogs. . .

 
 
I've heard that they are bringing dogs into Newtown, CT for the kids (and adults) to pet, play with and love on.  In a time when words just won't do, I can't think of anything better to ease the pain - if even for a brief moment.
 
This 100+ pound, fluffy girl leaves hair all over my dark hardwood floors, tracks in mud and slobbers at the top of my stairs.
 
But she has eased my pain and stress many times, just by being there and offering unconditional love,  and she is growing up alongside my boys, offering them the same.
 
We couldn't imagine life without her. . .and in just a few days she will be rewarded with a big fat bone under the tree!

Pin It!

6 comments:

BethW said...

Know the feeling.Can't beat unconditional love.

Jill said...

Aww, those at those puppy dog eyes!

Jill said...

Hehe -- I meant LOOK at those. :)

Roxy Furlong @RoxyFur said...

What a beautiful girl! I feel the same about my pooch :) Merry Christmas!!
Roxy

Carol W. said...

Ditto the emotion...our 25 pounds of high energy and not stop play...Bella is an essential member of our family.

For years several Universities across the nation have brought Dog's in during high stress times for some doggy therapy.

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

Yes Jenni! I was looking at my Shiner the other day and thinking the same thing. I wonder if they know what they do for US?