Monday, September 28, 2009

House update. . .
We have walls!
and doors, and windows. . .! So much fun to see something we planned for so long take shape. Honestly, we had no idea since this was our plan (not anything that had been built before) of what it would actually look like framed. And although there were a few surprises, everything was easily fixed and we continued on our way. TN (the south in general) has had major rain for the past two weeks but somehow these guys worked almost every day for at least part of the day. We are now under roof so the rain won't be as big of an issue anymore. Yeah!
We were in Ohio last weekend and brought back a truckload of things for here and there:
I LOVE the color of this mantle. It matched my dining room (see the chair!) but alas, it is not going in my dining room (and the chair will be reupholstered in linen for a less formal look). White it will be. . .
Old schoolhouse lighting I have been collecting here and there for my kitchen and the powder room. . .
a piece (late 1800's) I picked up at the flea market for $100 last year that will get fitted with a bowl for our powder room sink. . .
an awesome chest that was at a price we couldn't pass up in Ohio. It will go in our guest bedroom (look Mom - you will finally have a dresser)!. . .
a nine foot worktable I brought home last week (I am dangerous with Jared's truck)! Not sure if it will find its way into my studio or the warehouse. Either way, the color is fabulous! We use almost all old tables for the business. I figure the girls need to work in style too and they are usually cheaper than folding tables!!
and finally, just a fun photo of some awesome wooden spools with thicker thread (you can't live without this thread!) that I have set aside for Silver Bella (and our little event we have planned for late this year - are you curious yet)??? Although. . .I will put a few up on the site on the 1st. . .check back on Wednesday for more info.!

For those of you near Knoxville, I will be there all day this coming Saturday, Oct. 3rd teaching two classes at Scrappin in the City. Scroll down for the class previews.

Happy Monday!

Pin It!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh WoW how exciting....WALLS!!! sure sign of progress! And I absolutely love what you have been collecting to add to the home to make it all yours.

Grace said...

what great finds! I cant wait to hear Wednesday...

Karen said...

so, so exciting....love the "new" finds for your home

Kim L. said...

yes - I'm curious - Please be sure to post an update soon!
Kim in ATL worked with B - Mark

TracieClaiborne said...

So exciting!!!! I can't wait to see it! I have been looking everywhere for a light like that for my kitchen - only I want it NEW. LOL

Tonia Grant said...

cant wait to see you on saturday

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

wow! looks great! and you seem to be having so much fun with it!

Gwyn said...

Beautiful! I love these photos!

carolyn peeler said...

Looking fabulous Jenni.

Anonymous said...

WOW...your house will be awesome. You should have an open house for those who are close. I would love to see it all finished. You have my style allll the way.

I will be in the class Sat...can't wait to meet you again...I met you years ago at the first CKU in Nashville. You were at the store we shopped at and signed your book for me...

Louise

marcy@marcypenner.com said...

You always find the best stuff!!
I have those school house lights... and we're lucky to find them here for $2 sometimes!