Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A little preview. . .


just to tide you over - here is a peek at the Papercrafting Kit for April. This paper from Anna Griffin was one of my favorite from show (and the goodies in the pillow box are good enough to eat)!

We traveled to my in-laws for Easter this past weekend. They live in a rural area and it happened that there was an auction that weekend for an old general store that closed in the 1960's (I believe it had been in operation since the late 1800's). Everything had been stored until now. There were many great things among a lot of dirt and dust (and a little junk)! The old cash register was there, but it was in horrible condition - you couldn't even read the numbers any more through the dirt and the rust. There were tables and tables of "stuff" - my heart skipped a beat as I went through everything. I only had two hours to be there - not enough time (although my mother-in-law's Easter dinner was certainly worth leaving for)! We were there for no more than 5 minutes when I heard the auctioneer say "ledger". Much to Jared's embarrassment I started throwing up my number (I had to get an education on how it all worked later). In the end I took home the thick ledger (dated from 1917), boxes of old writing tablets (still wrapped in tissue) and two boxes of dusty cards of mother of pearl buttons. I was one of probably three women there in the midst of about 100 gentlemen in overalls- oh what they must have thought of me!

I hope all of you had an equally wonderful Easter weekend!
Pin It!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how sweet this looks! I can not wait to get my hands on the stuff for April!

Cynthia

Anne Alley said...

Go Jenni!! The kit looks beautiful!

Anne

Cassie said...

Anna Griffin paper is my FAVORITE!! I can't wait to see how you use those wonderful auction finds!!

Anonymous said...

How Wonderful. I almost clap my hands and jump up and down in excitement! The sight of these kits make the week go so slow just waiting until they become available - I am quite impatient! (sorry!!). If you could post some photos of the items you bought at the auction I would love to see them - without the dust! Love Leonie

Unknown said...

Jenni, that sounds amazing. Up here in the "north", the antique shops and auctions are dwindling and really few and far between. I am JEALOUS! Haven't been to a good auction in so long! the kit looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

oooh Jenni I so wish I could go to one of those auctions with you!
The kit looks ahhhhh I cannot wait :)

Patti said...

AWESOME! That is so cool. How do you happen upon those great sales?!? The next kit looks gorgeous-can't wait to get my hands on it and maybe a precious add-on kit.

Anonymous said...

Love the yummy kit! Can't wait to see a peek of your auction goodies!

Sonda T said...

oh how awesome! Auctions are so much fun! Can't blame ya for going after what you wanted!! Those older items are so worth it! I still have cards of buttons that were my G. Gmas. Enjoy your newly found stuff, Jenni! :)

Anonymous said...

The sale sounds fun! I can't wait to see what you do with all that antique-y goodness!

Those are beautiful Anna Griffin papers! I like those soft, feminine floral prints and colors that she is so widely known for. :-)


~Denise

Stay Funny said...

Love it! Love the colors... just perfect for spring! Can't wait to get it in the mail!

Unknown said...

Well I can't wait to play with those mother of pearl buttons you got, they are one of my biggest weakness...Are we playing? Please... and of course, can't wait to play with my Anna Griffin kit and all the wonderful goodies you may have in store for us!!!

Anonymous said...

That kit looks so awesome! Love the Anna Griffin papers.
Living in a big city I don't see many auctions like that, it must have been so fun. Can't wait until I get my kits next month!

forcryeye said...

cool! Please post some photos of your auction scores! I got an old ledger Easter weekend as well. I also found some old handwritten bank statements and checks.

stephanie howell said...

um, okay...why do i not just "stumble" across auctions like that? that's amazing!

Rach said...

would love to see some pics of your auction finds too....pleeese!

pretty kit XX

Kara Ward said...

Anna Griffin is just one of my favorites. The beautiful roses...I can almost smell them. I love the story about the auction. I can't wait to see what wonderful things you create from the ledgers. Kara Ward

Anonymous said...

I am just wishing and hoping to stumble across a find like that... :::Sigh:::. What wonderful luck. I will wait till the Brimfield Fair and hope everyone will be eyeing the high end antiques while I shuffle thru my favorit "junk" ;-)
Anniescraps

Antoinette said...

O My, that looks gorgeous!