Monday, October 22, 2007

A Lovely Day. . .


with lovely people . . .
lovely couples. . .
lovely children. . .
and of course, lovely food. . .

we had such a fantastic time hosting everyone. It was the PERFECT day. We have a great backyard for living in a development where the houses are on top of each other. We have lots of trees and shade and by 4:00 when we ate it was completely shaded with gorgeous light. We have a fire pit we built into the patio so about 6:30 we lit it up and sat around with friends warming our toes and talking. We had a huge bounce house in Ruth and Rich's yard just next door so the kids were quite entertained. In fact, I found that my boys had put themselves to bed on their own before 9:00 that night!

It is raining here today (a true gift) and I have the music turned up loud, making Santa Fe soup, preparing for an entire day in the studio coming up with next month's vintage kits. I am hoping to do quite a few for November and December for people to pick up as Christmas gifts (I know I will be making a few for family this year)! I am also toying with the idea of a new kit category (or two) that I will keep you posted on.

Have a great Monday!

Pin It!

6 comments:

Jan[n] said...

Jenni and Jared, we had such a lovely time. It was a beautiful day and the food, decor and hospitality just couldn't have been better. You all are the sweetest...

Can't wait to see what the new "vintage categories" are -- you just threw that out there to tempt us, didn't you!?!? *ha* Well....it worked!

aday said...

Yep tempted here too. We finally got moved and settled so I am soo ready to begin my "Jenni Fix" again I soo missed it!

Molly said...

Oh my goodness!!! I can not wait till the next month to see what you have up your sleeve! :D

Judy in Carefree said...

Wow, what a talented and sweet person you are and I'm so excited that I will enjoy a wonderful class with you at Creative Escape 2008...just received word that I am a lottery winner and can register. The November paper is beautiful!

Barb said...

Are those edible buttons on the cupcakes?

Totally adorable!

Carolyn Bertram said...

Check out Carol Wingert's blog post of a few days ago. Great use of JBS goodies!
http://www.carolwingert.typepad.com/