Monday, August 20, 2012

A little play time and a new crush . . .

This will be just the beginning of some fun things to share that are coming out of my studio - finally!  Funny how you don't get anything done when you are never home?!?!

This is another "blotter" card I made.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I run out of these blank blotters.  I have tried to find more but with no luck.  I am loving creating with this tall and thin shape.  I am such a linear person anyway - this just makes it easier!  I guess that is why I have always gravitated to 8 1/2" x 11" scrapbook pages too.  I'm always more at home with a rectangle rather than a square.

I have been picking up old, real feather milliner's pieces for years and hoarding them.  I have only recently started to use them in projects and now I'm addicted (which means more hoarding, right)?


 A little close up here of the detail . . .


And a little peek at my hoard. . .


If you want to see this project and many more come by and see me this Saturday at the Hastings Ranch Aaron Brothers in Pasadena, CA where I will be demoing from 11:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.

Jared is going to be setting up here in Nashville at the CKC convention at the Opryland Hotel this weekend as well.  Come by and say hello (and find some great deals and flea market treasures)!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

how fun...I love those feathers. Such a great page Jenni......
Oh I should find someone to load up and go on a roadtrip to Nashville Sat just to shop! What fun that would be... Or just jet off to California to the event you will be at....**sigh**
Oh well, it is always nice to dream..lol

Take care and have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

I love your blotter cards...they are always so elegant. This one is very beautiful with the light misting and birds at the top along with the colors in the flowers and feathers. Just Gorgeous!!! The "relatives" would be proud!
LenaS

Anonymous said...

On second glance, maybe you inked at the top rather than misted? Looks amazing!
LS