Monday, August 06, 2012

127 Yard Sale Finds - Post 1 . . .

It has been a whirlwind week.  I started a week ago today shopping the 127 sale in TN.  Normally I shop it for 5 days straight but this year I was headed to Stampaway in OH on Thursday so I only had 3 days to shop.  That meant I had some serious ground to cover!  However, in 3 days I had really only traveled about 50 miles but I hit most of the spots that I have now found to be good ones and waisted no time.  It was hot, just like last year.  Close to 100 each day.  Maybe that's why I bought alot of fans? Ha!  We realized that we could hit 127 in KY on our way home on Sunday from Cincinnati so that's what we did.  And even though many dealers were breaking down, we still found some treasures.

So here are some of my larger finds from the week ("in the rough", and in the garage - ha!).  I will share some more photos later this week. . . .

Awesome sorter (was hoping my store price tag holders would fit and they did!) . . .


Did I mention fans?  And lots of cool boxes. . .



These awesome painted metal porch chairs (perfect for fall and shall I say that I won't be sad if they don't sell)?? . . .



This is a super cool typing desk (the top piece can drop back).  Great patina and a cute, small size. . .



More boxes. . .



And yet more boxes (these are from an old hardware store.  My heart skipped a beat when I found them)!! . . .




Did you have a favorite???
Pin It!

9 comments:

Traci said...

Jenni, I think I might pay to shop the 127 sale with you! ;)

Capricious Traveler said...

Ky was a total bust for us. But it is a blast either way!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

My husband and I have driven up to do the 127 Yard sale 2 yrs ago and 2 yrs prior to that. HGTV even filmed me on our first trip, and we bought a very large french door which we put INSIDE a SUV, and it was tight with all the glass I had bought. FUN, FUN!! Will do it again but just able to this year. Glad you had fun, and wishin' I could've helped you shop! Such good memories and lots of great people.

amy said...

Love! The sorter, the chairs, and the hardware boxes. Wish there was more in Oregon.

Unknown said...

Oh, wow! How fun! I love the chairs! And the sorter!!! It's all awesome!

hobbemom said...

What wonderful things. I wanted to go so bad, but it just didn't work on for me...boohoo...But it looks like you will be offering some really cool stuff....I'm sure this was a drop in the bucket to the treasures you found....

Anonymous said...

I love the divided hardware drawers. They are to die for. I think they are so awesome. From: Jersey Girl Anne

Janet said...

OMG!! I can not wait for the country living fair! I will make sure and bring lots of money and my big truck! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Hardware Store drawers are the best. Looks like a lot of JBS product would fit nicely in those. Graphics on the front and numbers in dividers--it's all wonderful. You lucky shopper! Heart-stopping for sure. LenaS