Monday, February 27, 2012

Just because . . .

It's been a long time since I created for no other reason than just to create - a really long time.

This is what I made . . .


The base is an old blotter (they were used to "blot" ink from fountain pens").  The wrapper was still on the package and when I took it off the color had changed underneath it  - I love surprises like that.  I chose one of my adopted little boys - a tin type sweetie with some pink in his cheeks for the focal point and I used an old business stamp (for tax returns - yuck!) under him.  Another fun tool I used that's been sitting on my desk for a while is an old metal notary seal.  I am planning another YouTube video this week and will show it on that (and I found some at the flea market this weekend and will put them up on the 15th of March at the site)! Here's a little detail shot . . .

Hoping to carve out some more time this week to create . . . just for the sake of creating.
Pin It!

4 comments:

julie said...

it's so fun to create just to create! this peice is so you and i love your style! love what you did within the stamp and the notary seal, how cool!!! i'll have to be fast on the 15th. lol!

hobbemom said...

Oh I have to have one of those old notary seal stamp...I'll be watching the 15th. Love your inspiration. I am still waiting for you to be the "guest" on your DT gallery! I miss your pages.
Take care.
Louise

Briana Johnson said...

I just got some seals! I even had a new one made with my initial! I love love those! I love seeing you create just for fun - or create for have to, lol, I'll take whatever I can get!

LOLena said...

Your little tin cutie pie is vintage perfection. I love the tax stamp (so true about "yuck" taxes), LOL. My husband turns into a monster during tax time. Great texture with the embossed area on the bottom! Fantastic job, Jenni!!! Put him in a place of honor--U should B proud.