Tuesday, January 05, 2010

I'm dreaming of spring. . .
and of the time when I can actually use these beautiful porches. It is so bitterly cold here now that it's hard to imagine. From this side of the house you stare into the woods for as far as the eye can see and there are always deer grazing or bunnies hopping. Of course there's a train on the other side only about 4 acres away. We don't have porches on that side! Jared grew up with a train in his backyard that shook the house and everything in it when it came by so it is no bother to him. This one you can't feel and thanks to a new noise ordinance we can't much hear it either.
This is a look from inside of my studio (the two door openings on either side lead out of the room). The wonderful worn door you see is one of two that are already hanging in those openings as we speak. You may remember them from almost 2 years ago now when I first bought them for this purpose. It sure is wonderful to see something you imagined for so long come to life. More photos to share soon - just need to get over there with the camera!

This sweet table is sitting at my father-in-laws right now getting a bit cleaned up. We cut the legs down so we can use it for a coffee table. In the upper right hand corner of it you can see a tiny plaque. It came from the Ohio State University Library. Jared's uncle was shearing his dog on it in the barn. He knows how much I love this stuff and he graciously handed it over.

So we are finalizing lighting, reading up on how best to fence in goats AND preparing for CHA!!

CHA previews soon and info. on a mid-month Mercantile valentine goodie release. It's going to be a great month!

Pin It!

21 comments:

jo te raa said...

They have to be the best porches I have ever seen!!

I wish we had porches!

Your house is stunning :)

Michelle said...

Your house looks AMAZING so far!!!!

stephanie howell said...

oh my GOSH. it's amazing, jenni. amazing.

Catherine said...

Oh Jenni, thanks for sharing. I love porches but we don't have many in the Pacific NW.

Loved taking your class at The Queen's Ink and I can hardly wait for our trip to Greece :)
Catherine :)

Karen said...

it's coming along beautifully! love those porches!

Sasha Holloway said...

lovely..I wonder if we will have porches in England .. hmm .. love these pics. Cannot wait to see the finished product.

sharon g said...

I love old houses (we own a 1930 Calif. Monterey). Lots of work, but worth it.

Beth H said...

How exciting to see your new home. Those porches will be just wonderful come spring - and we know it WILL arrive!

Daisy Girl said...

Wow..wow..wow...totally loving the porches!...very southern belle...I hope you planned it so your studio has doors to one of those porches! Please keep pics coming- I LOVE seeing the progress!

cammy @ freckledfarm said...

Oh my heavens above, those are some gorgeous porches!
I so enjoyed meeting you and your hubby and taking your class at The Queen's Ink. And a very special thank you for the birthday card! :)

Cammy

Kristie said...

Gorgeous photos, can't wait to see it next year at Vintagefest!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Looking so good so far! I can't wait to see it when it is finished!
Sweet blessings!
xoxo
Christine

kate blue said...

gorgeous porches...wanted to thank you & Jared again for being so sweet during your visit to the Queen's Ink-hope I didn't get ya'll lost going to your family's house! I finished the project and absolutely adore it-may make more for v-day gifts!

Kat Blue

Anonymous said...

Your house looks beautiful. I'd love to see it sometime. :-)

Happy New Year!

~Denise

Brittany said...

Aw Jenni, I love it!! Hope you had wonderful holidays!
Brittany G.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy said...

What GORGEOUS porches!! Your house and view sound absolutely amazing!!! Good luck with lighting and CHA!!!

Wendy Holifield

LOLena said...

How fun for you to realize a dream. May you and your boys have many happy years there in your beautiful creation. It's truly breath-taking.

Tasha Roe said...

stunning! cant wait to see what the studio looks like when you have it filled with your treasures. :)

Grace said...

so beautiful thank you so much for sharing..Grace