Monday, August 17, 2015

The Birdhouse. . .


I have been a bad blogger.  A REALLY bad blogger.  Sometimes you just hit a point when something has to give and I think this has been it.  Behind the scenes I have been working on so many things, lots of re-inventing it seems.  The full circle to this will be a new website this fall/winter that will combine all of the balls I have up in the air together seamlessly - at least that is the hope!  This will also include a "journal" as part of the site where I already have plans and notes for regular posting.  Stay tuned!

If you follow me on Instagram, you have been following along with me on our little "Birdhouse" project.  The Birdhouse was a 1918 house in historic Old Hickory Village here in Nashville that my husband and his partners at Southern Realty Services purchased with the intention of completely renovating, restoring and reselling (I don't love the word "flip" - it just seems so soul-less)!  I, having soft launched Haven Home Design this past Spring, was the designer on the project.  We gutted bathrooms, tore down walls, exposed brick, refinished floors and completely redesigned the kitchen.  After some elbow grease and coats of light-loving paint, below was the final result.  As a side note . . . the plan was to stage the house completely and have a wine and cheese open house.  We never even got the sign in the yard.  The house was sold before we even hung a light fixture.  Definitely a blessing, but it meant that I had 1 day to get in, stage, photograph (all of which below were taken by the amazing Amber Ulmer!) and get out again.  Yep . . . all in about 6 hours.  It was quite an adventure.

So grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!  Paint colors are at the end and if you have any questions about anything you see (furniture, lighting, accessories) just shoot us a note at jennibowlin@gmail.com.  Most items are either available on the shelf or available for order and most can be shipped. 





























All Paint Colors- Benjamin Moore:

All Downstairs, Upstairs Hall, Bedrooms 1 & 2 - Thunder
Trim - Simply White
Bathrooms - Horizon
Master Bedroom - Beach Glass

Pin It!

13 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow Jenni that is superb . Definitely my style of house

Ute L. said...

I'm loving it ♥

Dawn Schmitz said...

Absolutely beautiful! Can you tell me what hexagon tile you used?

Willow Tree Antiques said...

Great job! Results are beautiful...

Jenni Bowlin said...

Hi Dawn - the hexagon tile came from a liquidation store here in Nashville, but you can find that pretty widely. Like subway tile, it's pretty inexpensive.

Katey said...

Thats beautiful. I'm glad you were at least able to stage it. Great job.

heabbe said...

great job Jenni, but of course... would expect no less from my doppelgangers !

jeanne said...

have totally no idea where the name heabbe .... came from ...lol...it's just me ..jeanne/juNxtaposition

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so talented. If I could afford it, I would hire you to help me freshen up my house. I can't wait to see what you do next! We also bought a house and flipped it in Old Hickory Village a few years ago but it sure didn't turn out this cute!

TracieClaiborne said...

PS: That was me that left the Anon comment above. I have no idea why it showed up anonymous! :)

Joan said...

Lovely Re-Do. Very light and open living plan and staging looks great, too!

Carolyn Peler said...

So very lovely Jenni. Great work by your hubby and his partners, and fantastic decorating by you! Thanks for posting these on your blog so that I could pin some of your pics :) Hope you have a great week.

Canada Geese Removal New Jersey said...

It all looks so wonderful. Congrats