Monday, January 05, 2015

The Things I Keep Monday. . .

Finally trying to get back into a routine again.  I've missed a couple of these so it's time to catch up.

These are vintage plastic doilies in a variety of sizes and styles.  I am always hunting them down at estate sales but I must say I don't see them frequently (maybe the reason why I hoard them)!  I think they could be cool pinned on a wall, but I have used them mostly in my art work.  The fact that they are plastic makes them reusable and thicker than a stencil so they work well with thick mediums like modeling paste AND they would work well with clay as you can impress them.  That is next on my list to play with.



Hoping to find some time this month to do just that - PLAY!  No trips on the horizon for 4 weeks so I have no excuses (well besides being a mom, wife, cook, on-line business owner . . .)!  And dare I even say the word "Inventory" (I hate that word).

Happy Monday!
Pin It!

2 comments:

hobbemom said...

Oh those are so pretty. I remember my grandmother having some of those. I haven't seen any in years. Good idea to use them in the clay....

Katey said...

They look like they are tatted! Wow. Super cool.