Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another day, another room. . .




I am slowly working my way through the house. Moving things from here to there, hanging things (ahh- commitment!!). This is the "Keeping Room" just off of the kitchen. It is filled with light and white.

I found the two chairs at the flea market over a year ago and just had them recovered in linen (I'm not sure if there's anything left in my house that hasn't been covered in linen)! My mother-in-law, the amazing seamstress, made the two pillows for me from my feedsack collection. I can sew but I hate it so I always try to cash in jobs for my birthday and Christmas.

I imagine these shelves will change from time to time, but for now they are covered over with all of my ironstone. I had them made when we were building the house after the shelves I would see in primitive homes from the early settlements. I still want to add hooks along the bottoms and hang my brass numbered cow tags (but that's for another day I guess).

The boxes are one of my favorite finds. Would you believe they are collapsible?? They are just as I found them, already numbered with wonderful text on the sides too.

I think I shared the old Milliner's Table when I found it last year. It has been patiently waiting for it's spot in here and is still one of my most favorite things.



I have plans for this old US map. I want to make a really simple and really white banner to hang on it with black and white photos of all of our travels as a family. Hoping to find the time soon. It has alot of water damage (too much for my husband to like it, but he did hang it for me nevertheless).

Some of you have asked about paint colors so I thought I would share these as I go. In this room, the kitchen and most of the downstairs in general I used Thunder AF-685 by Benjamin Moore. It is one of their Affinity colors and I just love it. It changes color ever so slightly depending on the light. It is a really wonderful neutral.

Happy Thursday!




Pin It!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of the map photos. Love your house, also, thanks for sharing! Carrie P

Kim L said...

Love... it!!! love it all. I took a deep breath when I opened your blog... I knew it would be fab! TFS

Kim Bolyard said...

I just want to say your house is amazing...it should be featured in a magazine...
peace
Kim Bolyard

wendy vecchi said...

can I move in?
love it!

Jeanne said...

What a gorgeous and serene room. I love the color palette, which really highlights all the vintage pieces.
Love those shelf units on either side of the window. Did you buy them or did someone make the for you? They fit perfectly there.
xo
jeanne

susan said...

Beautiful!! You are so brave having so much white! It would be wreaked within five minutes in my house!

kristina proffitt said...

Your house is GORGEOUS, Jenni. Can I come live with you? ;)

Michelle said...

GORGEOUS!! Love all the white!

Cheryl said...

oh my gosh...AMAZING!!! i would love a tour of that place. you should sell tickets! :)

Anonymous said...

Pic of your keeping room looks like it needs to go in a magazine. Love the color you chose and your table, boxes, wall shelves, and chairs. Just beautiful. How happy you must be settling in.
LenaS

the best seo company said...

Thanks for the informative writing. Would mind updating some good tips about it. I still wait your next place. ;)

best online pharmacy said...

Stunning..!!! it made me stop and to look into it deeply, its so wonderful i wana appreciate you from the bottom of

my feelings, fantastic keep it up.

Buy Phentermine Online said...

We have cure for your anxiety and pain disorders, shipped at your door step

Buy Phentermine Online said...

That so wonderful plus that is extremely different from all blogs i have seen great work. Best Wishes

drug forum said...

I agree with you. This post is truly inspiring. I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job ...