Monday, November 30, 2009
This month's Papercrafting Kit will have you thinking of striped knee socks and candy covered houses. And check out the new exclusive Mercantile item - label stickers (this month in polka dots)! Of course we still have an exclusive paper, journaling card and photo card.
Doris Sander designed the calendar this year and did an amazing job (check out that yummy flower)! The 2010 calendar is this month's Project Kit. . .
December's Add-On Kit has some great vintage goodies as always and another template and Maya Mist (this time in cream- looks like orange but that's just the bottle).
I added a few more Xmas jewelry items to the Boutique. Only one available in each!
Also. . . the entire JBS October release is now available for sale, including our brand new Printed Ticket sets. Find everything under "New" in the General Store.
Monday, November 23, 2009
And the winner is. . .
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Vintage Calendar Blocks. . .
and Vintage Advertising Booklets, Spiral Blue Horse Notebooks and Vintage Maps.
Also, lots of restocks (including the Vintage Hand Molds and Vintage Thread Spools that flew out the door overnight)! Also the Bingo Earring Kit, Square Rings, Art Gel, Bling Tins and Alpha Numeric Tins.
We are also now offering our new Coredinations/Jenni Bowlin Embossed Cardstock Pad. Find it here.
Opps- almost forgot! We are also running a big sale in the Past Kits area. 25% - 50% off everything still left for one week only (or until they sell out). There are less than 15 of all items so act fast (great gift ideas over there).
If you made it this far then you know that I am also doing a surprise giveaway! Post here between now and Sunday night, midnight central, for a chance to win one of my necklaces (my choice)! Winner will be announced on Monday night.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
We have arches!! This has quickly become my favorite part of the house. We tried to be careful on the arches, making sure they were historically correct. They truly seem to be that one thing that just "makes" the house. They are working on our front stairs now. Nothing too exciting to share inside yet. Just lots of wire!!
We re-stocked ALL of the popular kits this month - Papercrafting, Project and Add-On. Only a very few of each. I am still working on getting more Project Kits so if they sell out again, I will post about a re-stock once more.
Come back tomorrow night - so much to share about our JBSMercantile HolidayFest on Friday (9:00a.m. central). You won't believe how much stuff is going up - 4 vintage Christmas kits, custom jewelry, restocks of glove molds and old spools, and much, much more!!
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Schedule of Events
9:00 a.m - On Site Store Opens
10:00a.m. - 12:00p.m. - Shabby Framed Collage Class
12:00p.m. - 1:00p.m. - Lunch provided (for those who have signed up for both classes)
1:00p.m. – 3:00p.m. – Shuttle service provided to The Antique Mall in Hermitage with over 40 booths (including Jenni’s). Shuttle service/shopping with Jenni is provided for those who have signed up for at both classes. Room will be open for cropping during this time as well as an alternative.
3:00p.m. – 5:00p.m. – Vintage Bookplate Ornament Class
5:00p.m. – 10:00p.m. – Crop and Shop (drinks and snacks will be provided)
• Registration is now available for individual classes, all day event (both classes, lunch, shuttle and cropping) or the evening crop under “Classes and Events” in the General Store.
• The On-Site Store will open at 9:00a.m. and close at 10:00p.m. Anyone can come and shop at anytime (there is no fee to enter). We will have great discounts on past kits as well as misc. papers and embellishments. However, our “store” has become famous for our unique vintage and antique finds including old ledger and music papers, salt and pepper shakers full of glass glitter, vintage Christmas garlands and ornaments, old rhinestone jewelry pieces, display pieces for your home studio, vintage cards and bits and baubles and SO MUCH MORE! New this year – Jenni’s one-of-a-kind jewelry made from vintage and antique materials. Perfect for gift giving! We will of course also have the full line of Jenni Bowlin Studio products.
• Every purchase at the store will enter you into the drawing for several door prizes throughout the day (you do not have to be present to win).
• Rooms are available at the brand new Hampton Inn at $99 per night. Call them at 553-5900. (p.s. – Southwest is flying pretty cheap to Nashville right now! The Mt. Juliet Hampton Inn is approx. 12 miles from the Nashville International Airport).
• Door prizes will also be drawn in each class!
Shabby Framed Collage –
It’s all in the details! Tiny squares make up a detailed collage full of vintage papers, stamped images and “mini” versions of JBS products, all neatly presented in a die cut wood frame ready for display. Keep for yourself or give as a gift! Bring your own photo (black and white works best sized to 2 ¼” wide by 3 ½” tall) or add it later (or use the “adopted relative” shown here and included in your kit)!
Vintage Bookplate Ornaments –
Classic bookplates meet vintage papers, ephemera and embellishments to create one classy set of ornaments! Learn how to make a sweet fluffy wreath from vintage pipe cleaners and create dangles with vintage feather tree ornaments. Everything is provided to create 3 ornaments as shown. Bring 1 small (approx. 2.5” with room for cropping) photo. Please bring a set of jewelry pliers and wire cutters should you have them (several will be provided for use however).
For those of you who aren't in our neck of the woods, we will be having a special "Holiday Open House" at the site beginning November 20th. More information on those offerings soon!