Contest Clarifications and e-mail address. . .
So first off, here is the e-mail address you need to send your submission to:
Please note that this e-mail is to only be used for submissions. Please do not send any e-mails to this address that would require a response. It will not be monitored in that way.
Include your two submissions as an attachment (JPEG), your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number.
You also must keep your total attachment to under 1MB.
We will attempt to send a generic response back that confirms receipt, but please note that this could take up to a week. Please check your junk folders for this response. We will not be able to answers any e-mails that request confirmation. We will also not respond as to your status in the contest. Final qualifiers will be contacted and winners will be announced here and via the JBS newsletter.
Okay, so here are a few questions I have received that I thought I would clarify:
- yes, you may use the Add-On kit if you happened to have purchased that (but it is not necessary).
- yes, you can use some digital elements as your "other 10%"
- only single pages for layouts (12 x 12 or 8 1/2 x 11), no double pages please (but if you happen to have done that already you will not be disqualified).
- yes, you can submit any layouts you are submitting for the contest for publication as well, before, during or after.
Please note that I really will not "disqualify" anyone. Things like "10%" are just guidelines to keep the playing field equal. I want to see what you can do with the concept of a "kit" so it is your best interest to follow the rules if that makes sense!
I also need to mention the following. . .
Please do not enter if you have other commitments that conflict with designing for the site, UNLESS you are willing to leave those commitment(s) if you should win. Basically, as I'm sure you would understand, I am doing this to find designer(s) ultimately, the prizes and money are just icing on the cake! I obviously don't want to have a grand prize winner who is unable to commit to the site/company. I should say, however, that I have no problem with my designers being one-time guests at other sites or creating for other industry companies. You will agree to forfeit any prizes should you win and are unable to perform the designer responsibilities.
And if you are reading this wondering what I am talking about . . . here is a re-post of the contest rules and prizes!
Guest Designer Contest - here are the details:
- In order to submit you must complete at least one layout using the August Papercrafting Kit. You will also need to submit a second layout using the August Papercrafting Kit OR a home decor/altered art project. The sky's the limit on the 2nd project, just no cards please. You may use ink, paint, stencils, stamps, punches or any other tools to complete the project. You may also use a vintage item here and there but 90% of the layouts/projects must be from the Kit.
- Only 2 projects are to be submitted per person.
Here are the prizes!
1st Place - $500 cash. $250 in JBS product. Guest Designer spot one month at the site with the possibility for a more permanent presence at the site. Exposure on our blog and newsletter for the month.
2nd Place - $100 in JBS product and a Guest Designer spot one month at the site. Exposure on our blog and newsletter for the month.
3rd Place - $50 in JBS product. Exposure on our blog and newsletter for the month.
The contest ends on September 7th. The announcement will be made on October 1st.
I can't wait to see what everyone creates!!