Monday, June 30, 2008

July 08 Kits!!
I'm back from Maryland with my tummy full of crabs and desperately trying to get caught up! I will post some photos this week of my visit and some new flea market finds. (and. . . CHA previews!)

But for now. . . here is a sneak peak at the July Papercrafting Kit. It includes some wonderfully muted papers from Anna Griffin, beautiful flocked silhouette stickers, gold wing rub-ons, and an antique perfume label (to name a few highlights)!

Here is the Project Kit for this month - when I went to Phoenix to teach at Melrose Vintage, Wendy, Diane's daughter, was sitting in the back of the class glittering the ledger alphas for much of the time. I was amazed at how accurate she was and I loved the technique so I incorporated it here (thanks for the inspiration Wendy)! I'm not sure how she did it, but I used a tiny paintbrush with clear glue to fill in the letter, sprinkled on the glitter, and then used a Q-tip cut off at an angle to clean up the edges so they were perfect (almost)! You get enough of everything to make two of these little accordion displays. It ties up on the long edge for easy storage. The pattern you see is FABULOUS old wallpaper I just found - rolls and rolls of it!!



And finally, this is the Add-On kit. Some vintage goodies, coordinating Anna Griffin products and the most fabulous Brown (yes Brown!) glass glitter. I little chunkier than usual!


So tonight at midnight, central time. See you there!

(P.S. - look for some mid-month vintage kit releases on the 15th)


Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look fabulous!! I can't wait !!

Unknown said...

Just a note to inform you of my immense jealousy that you've enjoyed some Maryland crabs recently ;-)
That is one summertime tradition I still dearly miss since moving from MD many moons ago...