Sunday, March 09, 2008

Mary Engelbreit



Have you seen it?? I just picked up my issue yesterday. I was THRILLED to have been asked to do the Crop, Paper, Scissors project for the month of April as I love this magazine so. I also really loved this project - the most fun I have had "playing" in a long time! Here is a link to the online version of the article: http://www.homecompanionmag.com/hands_on/paper_scissors_crop/fly_away_home.asp



You should also find a link to Jen Cushman's blog - she edits this column.

I have had a lot of requests for the instructions for this. I have good news and bad news. Good news first- I am going to make this into a kit with all of the pieces and parts including the instructions. Bad news - you will have to wait until then to get the instructions. I wasn't required to write these so I have none at the moment. I am working on getting the little bird book pages laid out and printed. I will keep you posted here and let you know the day and time they will be available. Most likely next month sometime. And, in case you tried to purchase the bird chipboard at the site and saw it was sold out, they will be back in stock in about 7 days. I will post here as well when they get back in (bad timing to go out of stock, eh)?? Truly sorry about that!



We are working on a face lift for the website and a few new features and changes. One of the things I am working on is a new arrangement for the gallery each month. I am seriously lacking in the inspiration department and I need some help (although I will continue to have my own gallery)!! I will be introducing the ideas as we implement them and we will be running some contests this summer to find guest designers! For this month however I did want to introduce everyone to Doris Sander. She is going to be taking over the Journaling Jumpstart gallery each month. She is brilliant and I know everyone will enjoy seeing what she creates each month. Here is a little taste of something she whipped up last month:


Speaking of the gallery, by tomorrow you will see some parts and pieces loaded (including the instructions to the Project Kit). The rest will be filled in a little later (on the 17th) this month. Sorry for the delay. We did get the kits out a little early this month to make up for it!

I hope you are having a great weekend!


Pin It!

22 comments:

Unknown said...

I was glancing through Mary Englebreit's magazine yesterday at the grocery store and saw the column on YOU! I was so flippin' excited! I said, "Wow, I get her kit every single month and she has awesome vintage stuff and she makes gorgeous projects and gives us the directions to make them too!" Well, I thought those things. I tend not to say them out loud when I'm alone in public. :) Congrats on the article!

Lisa Pace said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning project Jenni. I am thrilled for you. Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Awww I just made a lo with your last months kit . . . love it!!! Can't wait for this month's kit:-)il.com

carolyn peeler said...

Congratulations Jenni. i just received my issue of the mag on Friday and tucked myself in my couch to read it this afternoon. I knew as soon as I saw the photo on the table of contents that you were the artist they had featured, your look is so distinct.

Congrats my friend!

christen said...

absolutely gorgeous! congratulations.

Anonymous said...

i was enjoying that magazine yesterday afternoon while finishing the nascar race. i was delighted when i saw your article. very cute idea.

Patti said...

I was so thrilled to get my ME mag in the mail today and immediately saw you were included. LOVE, love, LOVE the project and so glad that will be a project kit very soon. Congratulations on the article!

Anonymous said...

I loved your article in the magazine...picked it up on a whim at the grocery store over the weekend...the cover was so colorful and "springy." Also, was thrilled to see my kit today when I got home from a crappy day at work -- a special treat a couple days early.

Unknown said...

got my kit! it's amazing. jumping right into it! very cool article.

stephanie howell said...

congratulations, jenni! i was thrilled to see you in my favorite magazine.
and i love doris, i'm always inspired by her layouts!

forcryeye said...

I cannot wait to see it! I think I have every single issue of Home Companion!

Unknown said...

Yes I did, what a gorgeous thing to do with the birds...The minute I saw the contents I flipped to your page. I've worked the birds before so I knew they had to be yours. Congratulations on an awesome job!!!

Anonymous said...

Jenni - CONGRATS to you!! I got my copy and was so thrilled to see you in it. It's no surprise though - your work is wonderful! Congrats again!
Ranjini

Anonymous said...

It is so aweseome to see you in one of my all time favorte magazines! How wonderful to see someone sweet like you living your dream and being acknowledged for it!! Congrats!!

LindaSonia said...

Loved the article and can't wait for the kits to be available. Love it! LindaSonia

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your project is so wonderful!
I love using the scrapbooking supplies you've created!
Thanks for all of your inspiration!
If you want to see some of what I've done check out my blog at:
http://prettypaperbook.com/blog/

lori said...

jenni~

i was sooooo excited to see you in ME home companion magazine!! i feel like i know you after ordering supplies and reading your blog. now i know someone that is my very favorite magazine of all time!! congratulations to you!! woo hoo!!!

Diane.W. said...

I just rcvd my 1st order from you today,the postie woke us up v.early but I forgave him when I saw what it was!!!!!LOL!!!!
I adore everything,Thanx so much,I have given you a mention on my blog too ;O)x
http://pink-sunflower.blogspot.com/
Really looking forward to getting creative & playing with my goodies.

Anonymous said...

I loved the project in HC!

I can't wait to see all that you have in store for us.

I have a little award for you on my blog. A bit silly but lots of meaning behind it!

Pam said...

Congrats on the ME spotlight! What a pleasant surprise to find you when I was flipping through my new Home Companion! LOVE the project you did for it.

Jennifer said...

i loved the idea about the birds and was so thrilled with the idea that i made some of my own. i posted them on my blog. it was so fun. i'm glad you were in the mag!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being featured in Home Companion. It's my favorite magazine and your project is lovely and perfect for the issue.