Saturday, April 01, 2006

Meeting the demand . . .
Boy, we have been trying to do this! Let me see if I can explain some of the reasoning behind this:
This has certainly been bigger then we ever imagined (thank you, thank you, thank you)! Although we use many tools to help us predict what to order each month, there is just so much that goes into it that can't be predicted. We base the bulk of our order quantity decisions on our Membership sign up. That is why I encourage everyone to sign up for membership at the site and have mentioned it here (and also why I keep it to only a 3 month commitment at one time). Now that the April kit is sold out, you are able to sign up to reserve a membership to begin with May. This will guarantee you a membership to begin with that kit (and guarantee that you won't have to ever stay up late again)! Having said that . . .
we did have to shut down this pre-sign up last month. Because of the amount of product we order, we have to place orders several weeks in advance. After two weeks of sign up, the numbers were getting high enough that we were almost sold out of the product quantities we had ordered (and I re-ordered twice)! So, I shut it down so that we would at least have some to sell last night.
What that means is this: if you have been trying to purchase each month unsuccessfully, you have the option at this moment (and at least for the next 10 days) to sign up to begin with May. We had this option available last month for almost two weeks. If you are one of the first people to sign up on this list, there is a good chance that you might actually still start with the April kit as we always end up with extra kits after we complete billing.
Hopefully that is helpful to some of you that are feeling frustrated. All I can tell you is that we are trying our best to include as many people as we can and will continue to make improvements each month.
Now. . . for those members that wanted to add a Project Kit to their subscription shipment, there is a button that you will see at checkout under the cart that asks you if you are a member and would like to receive reduced shipping. I received about 10 e-mails overnight that some of you didn't see this, so I am not 100% sure that it was there at first. I do see several receipts with the $1.75 add on now, so I know it is up and running currently. I will refund the extra shipping to those of you who didn't see this at first.
Also, it appears that the cart still said "March kit" instead of April at checkout (and on your receipts). No worries, you are getting the April kit. It was just something that my webguy missed.
And finally, if you are an original subsciber from Feb. (as your 3 month commitment is up after April) and would like to continue your subscription, we will be contacting you (and I will post about here on the blog) after the 10th of April. We have basically already counted you in the number for May so there will of course be a kit for any of you that want to continue.
I always get loads of e-mails the first of the month, so it may take me a couple of days to get back to everyone, okay?
Have a great Saturday! It is in the 70's here - so looking forward to that!
Pin It!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not see the button for the reduced shipping on the add on kit. It shoulg $5.15 for shipping. just a note to let you know if you need to do something to correct the shipping cost. thanks

Kim Bolyard
kbscraps21@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Love your Kits! I am one of the original subscribers from Feb and I want to continue to subscribe. I was sad to see the sold out button this morning before I could order my kit. I would still like to purchase one if you have extra. Thanks and enjoy your beautiful weather!

Anonymous said...

jenni i have been trying to figure out how to sign up for the membership. could you let me know how to do this?

Kimber-Leigh said...

another beautiful kit...love the display and can't wait until they ship!

congrats on the success of your venture! what an inspiration you are! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Joanna Bolick said...

random comment -- love that the orange glitter is called "tang!" Makes me thirsty...

Anonymous said...

Everything worked great for me!! Just curious when the Monthly Inspiration for April will be up?

Anonymous said...

Just an idea-that I am sure you've thought of-but why not make a combined membership for both the papercrafting kit & project kit in addition to the papercrafting (only) membership? That way the people that know they want it won't have to go in & add it! I know I want both kits before I ever see them & I am sure others feel the same way-and I would think it would be easier on you!!

Just Say Julie said...

thanks for starting this! i love the kits you are doing :)

Anonymous said...

Jenni... I LOVE your ideas!!! I added on the papercraft kit this month...it's SO cute! I can't wait to see what you're going to do next month! (Started the membership in Feb....keep me subscribed!!!)

Anonymous said...

I think that's a great idea who ever said about the project kit membership.... I added one into my subscription last night - can't wait to see it!!!

mindy said...

I am so sad that I am missing out on this months paper crafting kit! Total sadness!

Anonymous said...

you seem to work so hard on these kits! It is much appreciated!! DOn't know if you are looking for ideas for kits but I know a lot of people would love to see a white uniball signo in one of the future kits! They are impossible to get away from the US!!

well done again!

Barb said...

He, he. I stayed up until midnight just to be sure I'd get an April kit and sprung for the 3 month membership. Had to explain to my weekend company just exactly what I was waiting up for. Those non-scrappers just don't get it.

Can't wait!

Jana said...

Wowser these went quickly. I'm a bit bummed really. I bought your first kit and wanted to sign up for the monthly thing but couldn't since I was gone to CHA at that time and therefore I've missed out on your March & April kits since I am in dreamland by midnight usually. It's my bad that I keep forgetting to sign up for your monthly membership and have missed out on the kits but I'm afraid that folks might begin to get frustrated because your kits are all gone within hours.

kellicrowe said...

JB
the kellis
darr and crowe
were poised
at the key boards
at midnight
CMT
of course
we were both on EST at the moment
you'd have thought we were registering for cku
we both gasped with excitement when we saw the kit for this month!
totally excited
OH
and just almost finished my WAY cool project kit from last month
kellicrowe

kellicrowe said...

JB
the kellis
darr and crowe
were poised
at the key boards
at midnight
CMT
of course
we were both on EST at the moment
you'd have thought we were registering for cku
we both gasped with excitement when we saw the kit for this month!
totally excited
OH
and just almost finished my WAY cool project kit from last month
kellicrowe

Anonymous said...

I am SO LOVING your two kits. I have been a subscriber from the first and don't see myself not continuing to receive this great product!!! I will anxiously await your e-mail so I can re-up for another 3 months!! You have me hooked!!! Now, if I just had more time!! Is there any way you can include that in your kits as well??

Anonymous said...

Still loving your kits! Everyone is so unique (things I would never think of buying) and I just love them! I will continue with the memberships as long as you do! :)

Anonymous said...

My only problem with your kits is having to wait an entire month for each new one! I have said it before and I must mention it again, your customer service is fantastic! I have never had a concern or question that wasn't answered by email or in your blog almost immediately.

Thanks for keeping this "middle of nowhere" (closest LSS is 90 miles!) girl in the scrapbooking loop with wonderful products, great techniques and incredible inspiration!

-V

Anonymous said...

hey jenni-its tara-trying to email you but realized i dont have your email. can you email me? :) thanks!

Anonymous said...

I've really been having fun with the March kit - nine layouts done in all so far. Waiting anxiously for the April to arrive!
Thanks, Jeni!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jenni! This is Karen from Scrapbook Oasis in Irvine CA!! I have been trying to sign up for your kits since you and Wendy told me about them at CHA and I haven't had any luck. Thanks for this post. Maybe I'll get on for next month! Hee, hee! BTW - I think you are doing a fabulous job!! Keep up the great work.

Have you guys been safe from all the tornados touching down in your area? You are in our thoughts prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni, I was just wondering if your kits are available to subscribers in Australia?

Thanks

Melissa