Monday, April 10, 2006

I'm back . . .
barely, but I'm finally posting! So sorry, but things have been hectic. I've had alot of things going on with my family (and a few boxes to pack and ship)!
I got notes from many of you about the weather here on Friday. It was very scary, but we are all okay. When our sirens went off and the hail started falling, we took cover in a closet in the middle of the house. It didn't last for very long though. We were out of power for most of the afternoon, but this was a small inconvenience compared to what our neighbors were going through.
I couldn't believe the damage I saw - and literally only a few miles away from us. I always thought that having an all brick home was an advantage in this type of weather, but one neighborhood where 8 people were killed was filled with large, all brick homes, many of which had NOTHING left. It has been very humbling.
Both of the boys ended up in our bed that night. Noah did not actually go to sleep until about 3a.m. He really has a hard time with those things.
I want to give you a sneak peak of the May kit, but I am waiting to make sure I am definitely going to have something before I show it. I will be sure to post this week!
Also have an exciting preview to share about June!!
More very soon!!
Pin It!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your family is safe, been thinking about you and family.

Can't wait to see the sneak peeks!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you are all safe! I hope your neighborhood recovers the very best that it can!

Looking forward to your future sneak peaks!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are all well, must have been very scary for you! Looking forward to seeing a sneek peek of May and June.... you are still going to send out emails for us original subscribers to re-sign up right???

Vee said...

i am glad y'all are safe.
i can't wait to get my project kit
i love the gallery and your inspration as well.
I can't wait to see the sneak peak for May.

Anonymous said...

things like that do bring life into perspective don't they? Glad your family is safe.

You're such a tease!

Anonymous said...

How scary! I'm glad you and your family are ok.... {{{HUGS}}} That is just devastating I'm sure, so hard for those that lost so much. :(

kerry lynn said...

just want to say how happy i am that you and your family are ok. living in earthquake country is nothing compared to tornados, and i did experience one when i was attending college in ohio. not fun and, i can't imagine what it's like to have to explain it to your children.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're all safe and sound. can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

Anonymous said...

Glad everyone is safe.....WV was quite scary as well......CAN'T WAIT to see all the new things!!!! :) Youare soo good to us...

Anonymous said...

Glad you're ok, Jenni.

Jen Gallacher :)

Amanda said...

Got my kits today! Yippee. I don't have time for them tonight, but I hopefully will tomorow!

Anonymous said...

Isn't Mother Nature a force to be reckoned with? I am so glad you are all okay...it must have been so scary for everyone. One good thing about living in the Northeast is that we rarely encounter weather like that. Snowstorms and hurricanes, but no tornadoes.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're all fine hun and very much looking to the new peak!!!

Just Say Julie said...

so glad that you are back and fine!!

Just Say Julie said...

Hi Jenni - I've been trying to reach you by email regarding my subscription but I keep getting failure notices. Can you email me when you have a chance at

kandksmommy@sbcglobal.net

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are all safe, Jeni.
What a nice welcome home today when I saw my April kit at the front door!

marygrace said...

glad you're safe, glad you're safe, glad you're safe

Deanna- yep Dee-na said...

Hi Jenny!
I agree. Went through nothing compared to our neighbors in the other counties. I always hate torando season, and can't wait for it to be over.
I'm excited to take your class at the end of April at CK convention. : )