Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Bonjour!

I'm back from my first trip to France and still mourning all that I didn't see.  It was a whirlwind trip.  We only had 1 day in the city before the event and we made the most of it!  I have many photos on my phone that I still need to download but I at least wanted to sneak in a little post here.

In the morning we hopped on the metro and headed for the Eiffel Tower.  Growing up in Maryland, every summer we went to Kings Dominion amusement park in Richmond, VA.  And guess what - they have a mini Eiffel Tower there.  And it's actually a pretty good replica - ha!  But when you go up to the top you just see roller coasters and such, not hundreds of years of architecture and the River Seine.  I think I'll take the Paris version . . .


Took this just to prove I was actually there. . . 


Breathtaking details, everywhere you looked.  I don't even know what to say - I just walked around speechless all day . . .


From the Eiffel Tower we went to the Museum d'Orsay (can't take pictures in there) which was amazing.  Had a Nutella crepe and an Orangina on the steps afterwards before heading to Notre Dame.  Again, there are no words to describe.  I walked around the interior and cried.  Service was in progress so the organ was playing and the choir was singing.  I won't soon forget it. . .



And I need to also make mention that I'm so thankful for my in-laws and my mother - without them coming in and out to sit with the kids, we would never be able to have these adventures.  I know I am blessed.

Once I download the photos off of my phone I want to do another post about the Version Scrap event itself and the wonderful people I was privileged to meet.  Stay tuned!

Pin It!

6 comments:

Dina said...

How fun & cool...you're right, there is beauty everywhere there. Thanks for sharing!

Kathryn Johnson said...

Awesome! I just got back from my first trip to Paris as well (I was there 3/17-3/25). How was the Orsay? That's one of the places I really wish I had made it to.

Maggie said...

Glad to see that you enjoyed your whirlwind visit to Paris last weekend.
I did spot you teaching the cigar box class at Version Scrap on Friday afternoon but you looked so busy that I didn't like to intrude!
a bientot
Maggie@ Normandy Life

dreampatricia said...

so glad you enjoyed so much our town ! hope you will come next year to teach again classes to us and finish your visit !

Lucy said...

J'adore J'adore J'adore Paris. Will be there again in June with my hubby. Can.not.wait. Food, flea markets everything.
And then, will be back again in October with my scrapbooking clients! Life is soooo tough!
Paris, Venice, London and Barcelona. Lovin' the journey this scrapbooking life takes me.

leah said...

It must have been completely AMAZING!! ^_^