Thursday, November 17, 2011

In case you needed some last minute thanksgiving ideas . . .

hop on over to Ranger where they are showing you a "Pumpkin a Day" decorated by several artists from the Ranger community.

Here was my submission (show on their blog on 11/15).



I painted the orange "funkin" with two coats of my Malted Milk paint.  After it was dry I added the little boy Silhouette Rub-On Single to the center, topped off with a vintage pin.  To create the flowers, I wadded up vintage tissue paper and tied string around the centers.  I then took my Chicken Feed Paint dabber, made sure the dabber was good and wet, then gently rolled over all of the edges and wrinkles.  For leaves I used vintage velvet milliner's leaves and hand cut shapes from my Fall Mini Bingo Cards, edged with Brown Sugar ink.

Enjoy! 
Pin It!

5 comments:

julie said...

this is absolutely awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Love this!!! No one does this like U do, jenni! PS--your new school red&black line is your best so far! Thank you for making the holidays so fun for us crafters! LenaS

hobbemom said...

Oh I love this. I have a little pumpkin just waiting to rot and be thrown away...I think I'll try this. I'll post it in the gallery if it turns out good and you won't hear another word about it from me if it doesn't LOL...Love a new idea!
I hope you and your family have a wonderful blessed Thanksgiving, Jenni and see you soon!
Louise

Terena said...

I'm so glad you posted the extra picture of the top of the pumpkin! It is too cute! Totally missed out on all of that extra cuteness on their picture post.

Briana Johnson said...

Me too, the top is soooo nice - so glad to see that deatil. What an elegant, vintage funkin! The pin - perfect touch!