Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Save the Date!!! (and for the love of feedsacks. . .)


Mark it on your calendars!! The third annual JBS Holiday Vintagefest will be held Friday and Saturday December 3rd and 4th here in Nashville. All of the exciting details will follow in a couple of weeks including registration information. I will keep you posted.

I purchased some AWESOME antique tin ceiling tiles last weekend with green chippy paint for one of the projects. So many ideas, so little time! For those hearing about this for the first time, Vintagefest is a small event we put on locally, twice a year, that involves some sort of treasure hunting excursion as well as a full day of 3 workshops taught by me. We try to keep it affordable and fun!

My husband's wonderful Uncle sent over several feedsacks for me, I believe at the urging of his sister who assured him they were something I would love! They had been in storage for years at the home place, washed and put away likely by Jared's grandmother. I have been collecting feedsacks for years. The typography and graphics get me every time. I have used them to cover chairs and make pillows, with many just sitting and waiting for other creative opportunities (Journal covers are coming soon)! I thought it would be fun to share a few photos!

These are the ones Uncle Jim sent - there were 5 total with a pale yellow background! I send 4 of them back with my MIL to make me pillows for our bedroom for Christmas. . .




This one sits on Christian's bed. . . His room is full of old tins and feed store signs (still to be hung of course. . .)



Still Christian's room. . .

Noah's bed - these are concrete bags actually. . .







Hoping to find more on my journey along the 127 sale this weekend! I am uploading my flip videos today to clear them off and make room to video my new adventure!

Pin It!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Especialy love the concrete ones for a guys room. Are they cloth also?
When you said feed sacks, I was thinking of the floral ones and remembered the dress I had as a younger girl. Thanks, Carrie P

Anonymous said...

Those feed sacks are so neat. I have several feed sacks and never thought of making pillows out of them...Love that idea. And those are so neat that they came from the family. How special.

And I can hardly wait to hear about the VintageFest details. Davean and I plan to be there!! We enjoyed the one in the summer so much it is something we will make a tradition to attend.

Louise

Unknown said...

I LOVE these. You are right - the graphics and typography are wonderful. Such a great vintage feel. I am hosting a link party on my blog this weekend about words/quotes (The Weekend Word Search). Please consider stopping by! Your project would be a great addition.

stephanie howell said...

um will you find some for me PLEASE??? i've been looking forever and can't find any! love your pillows! xxo

Anonymous said...

Simply amazing pillows from feed sacks!! I'm so excited to hear about Vintagefest and can't wait for more details as I hope to attend for the first time this year.